COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT ELLERMAN HOUSE
We are pleased to welcome you to Ellerman House!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of our policies and procedures have changed, but we are deeply committed to providing the warm, heartfelt hospitality, beautiful spaces and exceptional experiences that make our house a home.
As a leading establishment in the South African hospitality sector, Ellerman House created a dedicated safety team who, in partnership with top medical professionals and guided by the mandates of the South African government, developed comprehensive Covid-19 preventative protocols to safeguard the wellbeing of our valued guests, staff and suppliers.
These protocols include but are not limited to:
- All guests are required to wear masks while indoors in shared spaces unless dining. We encourage the use of hand sanitising and social distancing to keep each other and our staff safe.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed throughout the property for the use of all.
- Our skilled and dedicated staff members are thoroughly trained to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards.
- All staff make use of the appropriate PPE in their designated work areas.
- All Ellerman House vehicles are disinfected before every transfer.
- Appropriate PPE and hand sanitiser is available within our vehicles.
- Guests do not share vehicles unless travelling within the same group or family.
Social Distancing In Dining Areas
- We have re-arranged dining areas to ensure social distancing.
- Breakfast is served à la carte, rather than buffet style.
- We ensure the use of high-temperature washing and the addition of sterilising cleaning chemicals for all linen and towels.
- Housekeeping services, including full turndowns, are provided upon guest request.
- Sufficient time is allowed between bookings to air and fully sanitise rooms.
Gym and Spa
- Our gym will be deep cleaned after each guest has used the facility.
- Any visit to the spa is by appointment only. Protocols set out specifically for the spa will be conveyed to guests upon booking an appointment.
- Use of the steam room and sauna will be by appointment only and both facilities will be sanitised after each guest has made use of it.
- Pool loungers are set up individually and spaced across the lawn for social distancing.
Private COVID-19 PCR Testing
- COVID-19 PCR testing administered by qualified medical professionals is available on property for those guests who require testing for their onward travels.
- These tests are conducted in the privacy of your hotel room.
- Test results are delivered 24 - 48 hours prior to the test by e-mail and a hardcopy delivered to you at the hotel.
- Quarantine accommodation for COVID-19 positive guests is available on property in the rare event that it becomes necessary.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 protocols not outlined here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.