COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AT ELLERMAN HOUSE
We are pleased to welcome you to Ellerman House!
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, some of our policies and procedures have changed, but we are deeply committed to providing the warm, heartfelt hospitality, beautiful spaces and exceptional experiences that make our house a home.
As a leading establishment in the South African hospitality sector, Ellerman House created a dedicated safety team who, in partnership with top medical professionals and guided by the mandates of the South African government, developed comprehensive Covid-19 preventative protocols to safeguard the wellbeing of our valued guests, staff and suppliers.
These protocols include but are not limited to:
- We continue to encourage the use of hand sanitising and social distancing to keep each other and our staff safe.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed throughout the property for the use of all.
- Our skilled and dedicated staff members are thoroughly trained to achieve the highest possible hygiene standards.
- All Ellerman House vehicles are disinfected before every transfer.
- Hand sanitiser is available within our vehicles.
- Guests do not share vehicles unless travelling within the same group or family.
Social Distancing In Dining Areas
- We have re-arranged dining areas to ensure social distancing.
- Breakfast is served à la carte, rather than buffet style.
- We ensure the use of high-temperature washing and the addition of sterilising cleaning chemicals for all linen and towels.
Gym and Spa
- Our gym will be deep cleaned after each guest has used the facility.
- Any visit to the spa is by appointment only. Protocols set out specifically for the spa will be conveyed to guests upon booking an appointment.
- Use of the steam room and sauna will be by appointment only and both facilities will be sanitised after each guest has made use of it.
- Pool loungers are set up individually and spaced across the lawn for social distancing.
Private COVID-19 PCR Testing
- COVID-19 PCR testing administered by qualified medical professionals is available on property for those guests who require testing for their onward travels.
- These tests are conducted in the privacy of your hotel room.
- Test results are delivered 24 - 48 hours prior to the test by e-mail and a hardcopy delivered to you at the hotel.
- Quarantine accommodation for COVID-19 positive guests is available on property in the rare event that it becomes necessary.
If you have any questions about our COVID-19 protocols not outlined here, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.